NCC maintains and updates a premier food and nutrient database that supports NDSR.
What sets the NDSR Food and Nutrient Database apart from the rest?
- Contains more foods and nutrients than other research quality databases (comparison table).
- Comprehensive- about 19,500 foods of which 8,100 are brand name products, menu items available at 23 leading restaurants, and a variety of foods unique to various eating traditions.
- More nutrients and other food components than any other research quality food and nutrient database- 178 nutrients, nutrient ratios and other food components.
- Food group serving count system is available to facilitate estimating intake of food groups (e.g., daily servings of fruit).
- Complete- almost no missing nutrient values.
- Current- ongoing additions and updates to foods and nutrients, with a new release annually.