NCC maintains and updates a premier food and nutrient database that supports NDSR.
What sets the NDSR Food and Nutrient Database apart from the rest?
- Contains more foods and nutrients than other research quality databases (comparison table).
- Comprehensive- close to 18,000 foods including 8,000 brand name products, menu items available at 23 leading restaurants, and an array of ethnic foods.
- More nutrients and other food components than any other research quality food and nutrient database- 169 nutrients, nutrient ratios and other food components.
- Food group serving count system is available to facilitate estimating intake of food groups (e.g., daily servings of fruit).
- Complete- almost no missing data entries for nutrient values.
- Current- ongoing additions and updates to foods and nutrients in it.
- Foods, Nutrients, Food Groups
- Nutrient Completeness
- Nutrient Information Sources
- Imputation Procedures
- Additions and Updates
- Database Structure