NCC offers a comprehensive training and certification program for those who license NDSR. The NDSR two-day training workshop includes individual and group practice using the software, learning about the NCC Food and Nutrient Database, conducting dietary interviews, and dietary recall quality assurance.
Training is held on the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis Campus at NCC. The NDSR training workshop has been approved for 15 hours of continuing education credits by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Upcoming NDSR Training Workshops
- March 19-20, 2018
- April 23-24, 2018
- June 18-19, 2018
- Future training dates available on request.
*Please note training is a two-day workshop on Monday and Tuesday and are held at NCC. Attendance for both days are required.
Complete the registration form at least two weeks prior to the workshop to reserve a space.
To request disability-related accommodations, please email Mary Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCC provides certification to promote a standardized approach for all dietary interviewers working on one research project. Requirements are…
- 1. Attend a training workshop.
- The training workshop includes practice using the software, learning about the database, and the multiple-pass method of collecting dietary data.
- 2. Conduct a baseline recall with an NCC trainer.
- The baseline recall provides information to you and the NCC trainer about the skills developed during training. This is an opportunity to receive individualized instructions on navigating the software and database, and interviewing.
- 3. Conduct ten recalls and send to NCC for evaluation.
- Interviewing ten study-similar subjects provides practice using the software to conduct dietary interviews. NDSR backup files are sent to NCC for review and feedback.
- 4. Conduct a final recall with an NCC trainer.
- The final recall allows you to demonstrate the skills mastered. This is another opportunity to ask questions about the software, database and other issues encountered while collecting dietary recalls.
Training Workshop only – $825
Training Workshop and Certification – $1,350
*If you are a University of Minnesota employee or student view our UMN Internal Price List.
Contact Mary Austin at 612.626.9462 or email@example.com for more information.