The Nutrition Data System for Research (NDSR), first released in a Windows format in 1998, has proved to be a stable program with little need for technical support once the program is installed. However, if you do encounter any technical problems, please contact NCC User Support. Below are links to some important information and tips regarding the technical support of NDSR:
NDSR 2020 is supported on Microsoft Windows 8, and Windows 10.
- NDSR may be installed and uninstalled only by a user in the administrators group.
- An NDSR user must be a member of a user group that has read/write/execute permission in the NDSR program and license folders, must not be a member of any group that lacks such permission, and should not have access to databases on a network database service.
License Management (passwords)
To transfer NDSR from one computer to another, contact NCC User Support.
Note: NDSR will need to be unregistered before uninstalling or deleting.
If a program error occurs in the NDSR, do the following:
- Record the window title and exact text of the error message.
NOTE: You may print the error message by doing the following:
- When the error message is the active window, select ALT+PRINT SCREENon the keyboard.
- Open a text editor (e.g., Microsoft® Word) and select Paste (CTRL+V).
- Use the print function in the text editor to print the error message.
- Record what you were doing when the error occurred. Include specific keys pressed, mouse usage, and tasks completed.
- Reboot your computer and try to repeat the process that produced the error. If the error continues to occur, reboot your computer again and reinstall NDSR.
- If the error persists, contact NCC User Support.
General Performance Tips
- Defragment the computer’s hard drive on a regular basis.
- When transferring data from one computer to another via network drive, email attachments, and/or flash drives, first copy backup files to your hard drive.
- For best results, when generating NDSR Output Files and generating or restoring NDSR backup files, do not multitask (use other software programs).